Is expires supported for quorum queues or is it not?

Markus Kreusch

Feb 13, 2023, 3:26:03 AM2/13/23
to rabbitmq-users
In our team we are currently wondering if queue expiration is supported for quorum queues or if it is not.

On the page https://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#queue-ttl it is written "Setting TTL (expiration) on queues generally only makes sense for transient (non-durable) classic queues. Quorum queues and streams do not support expiration.". Contrary on https://www.rabbitmq.com/quorum-queues.html#policy-support the support for the expires policy is mentioned for quorum queues.

Trying to create a quorum queues with a value set for x-expires works and the queue indeed is removed after the timeout as soon as no consumer exists for the specified period of time.

We are unsure though if this is as intended and if it is safe to use or if it may cause any harm because it is not officially supported. Anybody there who can give some insights?

jo...@cloudamqp.com

Feb 13, 2023, 4:29:34 PM2/13/23
to rabbitmq-users
Quorum queues support expiration, probably that section in ttl hasn't been updated. I just sent in an PR for it now [1].
/Johan