rabbitmq_prometheus exporter issues

Edgar Kazarian

Jan 3, 2021, 7:52:57 AM1/3/21
to rabbitmq-users
Hello,
We have 2 clusters running with 3.8.3 version with enabled rabbitmq_prometheus plugin

One cluster has about 700 queues and the other one hosts more than 7K queues

I'm trying to get queue statistics from both clusters and it seems like the larger cluster does not provide or export any queue related information back to Prometheus.

I suspect there is an issue with timeouts or so but can't find any documentation for plugin settings

Please advise.

Thank you.
Edgar

Michal Kuratczyk

Jan 3, 2021, 1:03:30 PM1/3/21
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you get some metrics from that cluster or nothing at all? If you do get some, then most likely one has per-object metrics enabled while the other does not:

Michał
RabbitMQ team

Edgar Kazarian

Jan 4, 2021, 3:02:32 AM1/4/21
to rabbitmq-users
Thank you Michał.
Yes, mostly erlang related metrics are visible with the built-in exporter.
I'll check it out and will post the results here