Issues downloading rabbitmq-server package

Kostas Georgakopoulos

Mar 26, 2015, 10:49:52 AM3/26/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am having issues today downloading the rabbitmq-server rpm : https://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v3.4.4/rabbitmq-server-3.4.4-1.noarch.rpm

The download sometimes hang at a random point and sometimes will go through. For example, for the last 2 hours I tried downloading the rpm with wget over 30 times and the failure rate was more than 50%.

I noticed this about 6 hours ago for the first time and I have tried downloading from different locations, e.g. US and Europe with the same results.

Is anybody experiencing the same issue? I haven't posted on this list before but I thought I'd report it here in case someone has an answer.

Thank you all for your time,

Kostas Georgakopoulos

Alex Corvin

Mar 26, 2015, 10:52:54 AM3/26/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
I've been seeing this behavior as well. Interestingly, it only appears to be an issue using wget or other similar shell calls. I've had on problems downloading RPMs through a browser.

Naoko Reeves

Mar 28, 2015, 11:03:16 AM3/28/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
I've tried to download https://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v3.5.0/rabbitmq-server_3.5.0-1_all.deb
since last night with no success with various method (even from browser at least 10 times)
I see this post https://twitter.com/RabbitMQ/status/580760016417873920
and not sure all related but I'm stuck... unable to build server :( I should have saved for our own repository
any update would be appreciated.

Michael Klishin

Mar 28, 2015, 11:05:45 AM3/28/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, Naoko Reeves
 On 28 March 2015 at 18:03:20, Naoko Reeves (naoko...@gmail.com) wrote:
> I've tried to download https://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v3.5.0/rabbitmq-server_3.5.0-1_all.deb
> since last night with no success with various method (even from
> browser at least 10 times)
> I see this post https://twitter.com/RabbitMQ/status/580760016417873920
> and not sure all related but I'm stuck... unable to build server
> :( I should have saved for our own repository
> any update would be appreciated.

We are sorry about the interruption, Pivotal's internal network is undergoing maintenance.
--
MK

Naoko Reeves

Mar 28, 2015, 11:08:57 AM3/28/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, naoko...@gmail.com
Oh Got it. no problem. Thank you for the quick response. ETA would be great so that I know when to check back.

Michael Klishin

Mar 28, 2015, 7:53:05 PM3/28/15
 On 28 March 2015 at 18:08:59, Naoko Reeves (naoko...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Oh Got it. no problem. Thank you for the quick response. ETA would
> be great so that I know when to check back.

Naoko,

I've uploaded (unsigned — our build infra is not functional) 3.5.0 release artifacts to GitHub as a temporary workaround:
https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/releases/tag/rabbitmq_v3_5_0.

I've also set up a public repo on Package Cloud:
https://packagecloud.io/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server

We'll be uploading release artifacts to GitHub and possibly Package Cloud starting with 3.5.1.

HTH.

עמית גלעד

Mar 29, 2015, 9:38:33 AM3/29/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, naoko...@gmail.com

Michael Klishin

Mar 29, 2015, 10:56:20 AM3/29/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, עמית גלעד

Dylan Perry

Mar 30, 2015, 7:15:01 AM3/30/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, amitg...@gmail.com
Would it also be possible to push out a package for https://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/erlang/erlang-17.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm (monolithic Erlang from RabbitMQ)?

Thanks!

Simon MacMullen

Mar 30, 2015, 7:38:03 AM3/30/15
to Dylan Perry, rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, amitg...@gmail.com
On 30/03/15 12:15, Dylan Perry wrote:
> Would it also be possible to push out a package for
> https://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/erlang/erlang-17.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
> (monolithic Erlang from RabbitMQ)?

OK, added to the "3.5.0" release.

Cheers, Simon

Oren Bregman

Mar 30, 2015, 9:22:52 AM3/30/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, dylan...@gmail.com, amitg...@gmail.com
Please post 3.4.2 too.

Thanks.

Michael Klishin

Mar 30, 2015, 9:30:54 AM3/30/15
to Oren Bregman, rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, dylan...@gmail.com, amitg...@gmail.com
On 30 March 2015 at 16:22:53, Oren Bregman (oren.b...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Please post 3.4.2 too.

I'm afraid we won't be able to rebuild every release that may be in use. Please use 3.4.4 or 3.5.0,
they are compatible as far as 3.4.x (or even older) clients go.

3.4.2 => 3.4.4 upgrade should not require a cluster-wide restart.

Deepu Mathew

Mar 30, 2015, 12:02:10 PM3/30/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, oren.b...@gmail.com, dylan...@gmail.com, amitg...@gmail.com
Can we get an ETA on when this get resolved ?  we use 3.3.5-1 .

Michael Klishin

Mar 30, 2015, 12:08:13 PM3/30/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com, Deepu Mathew, oren.b...@gmail.com, dylan...@gmail.com, amitg...@gmail.com
On 30 March 2015 at 19:02:12, Deepu Mathew (dma...@curmusic.com) wrote:
> Can we get an ETA on when this get resolved ? we use 3.3.5-1 .

Unfortunately we were not given any by our IT.