ANN RabbitMQ Java Client 5.13.0 Release Candidate 2 is released

Arnaud Cogoluegnes

Jul 5, 2021, 10:48:24 AM7/5/21
to rabbitmq-users
On behalf of the RabbitMQ team I'm happy to announce that the RabbitMQ Java Client library 5.13.0 Release Candidate 2, a preview release, is available for community testing.

This is a pre-release for 5.13.0, a maintenance release with usability improvements, a bug fix, and dependency upgrades. It is compatible with 5.12.x. All users of the 5.x.x series are encouraged to test this version.

Thanks to ValSmith and Michael Dent for their contribution.

* Move resolved address shuffling to AddressResolver
* Allow changing queue names during recovery
* Topology recovery retry fixes for auto-delete queues
* Bump dependencies

Consult the release change for more details [1].

Dependency (Maven artifact)

Maven:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.rabbitmq</groupId>
<artifactId>amqp-client</artifactId>
<version>5.13.0.RC2</version>
</dependency>

Gradle:

compile 'com.rabbitmq:amqp-client:5.13.0.RC2'

This new version is available on our PackageCloud Milestones Maven Repository [2]. You need to add this repository explicitly to your dependency manager configuration file.

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>packagecloud-rabbitmq-maven-milestones</id>
<url>https://packagecloud.io/rabbitmq/maven-milestones/maven2</url>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</releases>