How to configure RabbitMQ Streams for pod-pod & remote connections

nate lemahieu

Jun 14, 2024, 10:49:04 AM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to rabbitmq-users
Hello, Rabbitmq -

I have deployed RabbitMQ with the streaming plugin in our kubernetes cluster using the Bitnami chart (i have attached my configuration). I am running into a predicament where I am able to configure it for pod-pod connections, or remotely (via port-forwarding), but not both. We ideally would be able to have both.

The short of it is, we are able to connect remotely when the stream.advertised_host is set to localhost, but then our other pods cannot connect. If we set the stream.advertised_host as the FQDN, then our pods are able to connect (but cannot connect remotely).

We are using the python library rstream to do this & port-forwarding via:

kubectl port-forward -n rabbitmq-test svc/rabbitmq-test  15672:15672 5672:5672 5552:5552

Is there any way we can configure rabbitmq to have both? Using amqp protocol we are able to do both, but not the stream protocol as described above.

Best,

Nate L
values.test.yaml

Vilius Šumskas

Jun 14, 2024, 1:18:50 PM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

“kubectl port-forward” was never meant to be used for constant service-to-service communication. It is more a vehicle for debugging and testing.

I’m not sure how Bitnami charts work, but you should look into Kubernetes Service and Ingress objects.

--

   Best Regards,

    Vilius

Message has been deleted

nate lemahieu

Jun 17, 2024, 2:59:50 AM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to rabbitmq-users
That is exactly what we're looking for, is a temporary vehicle for debugging and testing locally.