Huge messages_ready Count with CELERY Consumers

Arun S

Mar 11, 2020, 10:35:17 AM3/11/20
to rabbitmq-discuss
Hi,

I am using Celery COnsumers and Rabbitmq for Publishing.
I am using upto 20 Worker Threads but as the time goes by, the messages_ready Count is very Huge.

Would this be a problem.
There would be hardly, few messages in the UNACKED count.

Have set message-ttl expires for Queue messages which doesnt work because i believe this doesnt work on messages in ready count.

How do i make sure, there are less messages in the "Ready" Count ?

Having high READY Count messages mean, that the Consumers are slow.
I also see the problem where consumers are not consuming after a point and the Ready Count doesnt go down at all.

Any Help would be great. Thanks

Cheers
Arun