Conventions for usernames and passwords

Matthew Baynham

Mar 4, 2024, 7:10:40 AMMar 4
to rabbitmq-discuss
I have a question what is the normal way to handle passwords when you want everyone to have access.

I'm writing a flutter application that will sit on peoples smartphones and it uses RabbitMQ to communicate with the server.  However RabbitMQ requires a username and password to send or receive messages.  But everyone using my app should be able to send messages to the server.

Ideally I would want to just hard code the RabbitMQ username and password into my code in Flutter so that the app I writing will easily connect with my RabbitMQ server every time people try to use it.  And have everyone use just one user name and password.

But hard coding user names and passwords just doesn't seem right.

What is the normal way of doing this?