Rabbitmq Mirrored Queues on two different Nodes with two logstash consumers.

Namrata Khobragade

Aug 5, 2019, 3:07:39 AM8/5/19
to rabbitmq-discuss
I am trying to implement Clustering of the complete ELK with RabbitMQ. I have configured a two node RabbitMQ in two virtual machines connected in LAN.
I have added the RabbitMQ policy having following configurations:
ha-mode : exactly
ha-params : 2
ha-sync-mode : automatic

Also, I have configured two logstash connectors creating their own Queue in the respective nodes.
Even though both the queues are mirrored but still the same message is getting stored in the Elsaticsearch twice.
As per the Mirrored queue behaviour explained in https://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html#mirroring-arguments both the queues should shared the consumer acknowledgement but this is not happening in my case.
Could anyone suggest any solution for this situation?

Paul Connolly

Feb 5, 2020, 8:09:20 AM2/5/20
to rabbitmq-discuss
If you are using two different queues, it will be consumed twice. Create a single queue, it will be mirrored.