Feature request: trust/signers in gpg

Stephan Struckmann

Jan 28, 2020, 4:39:04 PM1/28/20
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Hello, great software, have bought it some time ago and use it from time to time when traveling. thank you. Maybe, I'm just too blind, but how would one display signers of identities and how can I configure trust for certain keys? If this is not yet possible, maybe you could consider implementing web of trust features? Thank you.

BTW: can I expert my private key not using a full backup but writing an encrypted gpg private key file?

Thank you for considering my suggestions,

Stephan

Stefan Selbitschka

Feb 28, 2020, 10:45:54 AM2/28/20
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Hi Stephan,

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 10:39:04 PM UTC+1, Stephan Struckmann wrote:
Hello, great software, have bought it some time ago and use it from time to time when traveling. thank you. Maybe, I'm just too blind, but how would one display signers of identities and how can I configure trust for certain keys? If this is not yet possible, maybe you could consider implementing web of trust features? Thank you.

Web of Trust is officially dead. So there will be no implementation or verification of key signatures. You need to verify each key by yourself.

BTW: can I expert my private key not using a full backup but writing an encrypted gpg private key file?

Not really. Since R2Mail2 does not generate keys, my assumption is that you have a backup of you keys, because you generated them not within the app.

regards

stefan