Support SMTP BURL and IMAP URLAUTH

A L

Jan 22, 2019, 3:25:31 PM1/22/19
to R2Mail2 BETA Test, Stefan Selbitschka
It would be a nice bandwidth saving feature to support BURL when sending emails. Basically you only upload the outgoing mail to the IMAP server AND then simply reference that mail to the SMTP/Submission server, thereby avoiding double upload.

I just set up Dovecot IMAP server that has Submission support and the man says:

"The most notable feature that the proxy adds is the BURL capability. The main application of that capability—together with IMAP URLAUTH—is avoiding a duplicate upload of submitted e-mail messages; normally the message is both sent through SMTP and uploaded to the "Sent" folder through IMAP. Using BURL, the client can first upload the message to IMAP and then use BURL to make the SMTP server fetch the message from IMAP for submission, thereby avoiding a second upload. "

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Submission

Thanks!

---- From: berti <66bert...@gmail.com> -- Sent: 2018-11-12 - 13:18 ----