Feature request

A L

Dec 29, 2017, 6:11:18 PM12/29/17
to R2Mail2 BETA Test, Stefan Selbitschka
For the New Year I have made a wishlist with some new features 😀

1) Option to swipe messages sideways to delete, archive or move to spam folder.

2) Support signing up for new certificates with Letsencrypt and/or automatically renew certs from them.

3) Phone number detection to be able to tap a number in an email to dial.

4) The "move to folder" messages option should remember recent folders.

5) Options to set Return receipt, priority and message delivery notification on outgoing mail.

6) Finger print or other biometric authentication in addition to passwords.

7) Kill switch password. A separate password that unlocks the app but deletes all mail, or shows alternative accounts, or hides specific accounts.

~A

Stefan Selbitschka

Apr 10, 2018, 10:51:57 AM4/10/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Hi,

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 12:11:18 AM UTC+1, A L wrote:
For the New Year I have made a wishlist with some  new features  😀

1) Option to swipe messages sideways to delete, archive or move to spam folder.

already implemented for notes in 2.40.260 - I will add this in one of the next releases

2) Support signing up for new certificates with Letsencrypt and/or automatically renew certs from them.

does let encrypt issue smime certs? didn't know that - I'll look into it.

3) Phone number detection to be able to tap a number in an email to dial.

of course useful but hard to find all possible patterns to detect phone numbers

4) The "move to folder" messages option should remember recent folders.

I'll try to put this into swipe actions, since if you select multiple message you won't need it aren't you?

5) Options to set Return receipt, priority and message delivery notification on outgoing mail.

DSN and MDN does not make sense - since they give you no proofed information at all - they are just spam.
Priority headers are not really standardized - although if you implements such most people are intended do mark every mail as high priority ;).

6) Finger print or other biometric authentication in addition to passwords.

I'm against biometrics, since the reliability depends on the implementation of the vendor.

7) Kill switch password. A separate password that unlocks the app but deletes all mail, or shows alternative accounts, or hides specific accounts.

already implemented - called "Wipe Password" -> it does not shows an alternate account but wipes all content.

~A

regards
stefan

A L

Apr 14, 2018, 4:38:26 AM4/14/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Nice to see you back working on R2Mail2! Congratulations on your second son too 😀

I like the idea of the built in camera, but how do you change from back to front camera mode?

I put some further comments below inline.

Thanks.

~A

---- From: Stefan Selbitschka <selbi...@gmail.com> -- Sent: 2018-04-10 - 16:51 ----

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 12:11:18 AM UTC+1, A L wrote:
>>
>> For the New Year I have made a wishlist with some new features 😀
>>
>> 1) Option to swipe messages sideways to delete, archive or move to spam
>> folder.
>>

> already implemented for notes in 2.40.260 - I will add this in one of the
> next releases

This is great. Thanks.

You're right. They do no. Some others do free certs though: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Getting_an_SMIME_certificate

>> 3) Phone number detection to be able to tap a number in an email to dial.
>>

> of course useful but hard to find all possible patterns to detect phone
> numbers

Perhaps any number 5 digits or longer could be underlined. When tapped, a pop-up could ask what to do, for example copy, dial, etc.

>> 4) The "move to folder" messages option should remember recent folders.
>>

> I'll try to put this into swipe actions, since if you select multiple
> message you won't need it aren't you?

Why not have it also on the normal Move to... icon?

>> 5) Options to set Return receipt, priority and message delivery
>> notification on outgoing mail.
>>

> DSN and MDN does not make sense - since they give you no proofed
> information at all - they are just spam.
> Priority headers are not really standardized - although if you implements
> such most people are intended do mark every mail as high priority ;).

Fair enough.

>> 6) Finger print or other biometric authentication in addition to
>> passwords.
>>

> I'm against biometrics, since the reliability depends on the implementation
> of the vendor.
>

>> 7) Kill switch password. A separate password that unlocks the app but
>> deletes all mail, or shows alternative accounts, or hides specific
>> accounts.
>>

> already implemented - called "Wipe Password" -> it does not shows an
> alternate account but wipes all content.

I missed that one! It's excellent.

>> ~A
>>

> regards
> stefan

Stefan Selbitschka

Apr 18, 2018, 10:34:32 AM4/18/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
You should have icon just right beside the shutter icon. If not there are two possible reasons:

- you've disable front camera in settings
- I was not able to detect your front camera as a front camera

The Android camera framework is a mess and its nearly impossible to create good correct rotated pics with different phones or detect cameras correctly.

regards
stefan

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 10:38:26 AM UTC+2, A L wrote:
Nice to see you back working on R2Mail2! Congratulations on your second son too 😀

I like the idea of the built in camera, but how do you change from back to front camera mode?

I put some further comments below inline.

Thanks.

~A

---- From: Stefan Selbitschka -- Sent: 2018-04-10 - 16:51 ----

Samson Nosmas

Apr 25, 2018, 7:11:58 AM4/25/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
I have to add something:

8) Please enable screenshots.

Stefan Selbitschka

Apr 27, 2018, 9:56:18 AM4/27/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
you already can make screenshots - but you need to enable the function in Misc Setting.

Background:
If you disable the recent app screenshot - screenshots are disabled in general for this app. So I made a setting to enable it, because if you do Android takes screenshots of your screens for recent app history.

regards
stefan

Samson Nosmas

Apr 29, 2018, 8:51:52 AM4/29/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test

I enabled it as described. Works perfectly now. Thanks!!!!