Notification information

Daniel Hayes

Jan 4, 2016, 12:11:24 PM1/4/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Is there a way to enable displaying the sender and subject of new e-mail in the application notification? As of right now, it simply tells me I have new e-mail with no further information.

pourquoi

Jan 4, 2016, 4:57:13 PM1/4/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Not always: if you password-protect R2Mail2, you don't want that information to be shown while it's not protected.

Daniel Hayes

Jan 4, 2016, 5:00:05 PM1/4/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
So if I understand correctly, there IS a way to show this information? (i.e. removing password protection)

Daniel Hayes

Jan 5, 2016, 10:30:48 AM1/5/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Just heard from Stefan:

Hi Daniel,

at the moment the Notification only shows that there are X number of new
mails. This was an early request from my security paranoid users which
does not want to leak ANY information, even the sender or subject.

But the improvement of the notifications is more less top on my todo,
but I in the last 6 month I had not time to develop R2Mail2. Now Google
has changed its Permission management in Android 6, which means a lot of
work an testing on my side. So I guess improvements like notification
will be further skipped due to lack of time.

regards
stefan

christia...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 6:00:08 AM1/26/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Hey Stefan,

the lack of information within the notification is the only drawback in comparison with the K9-app. We are using a Samsung Watch connected to the phone but without the Header-info of the mail it is useless and you have to pull out the phone again.

Is it possible to enable this function as an option:
[x] Show eMail-info within Notification

I've bought the R2Mail2 app but I would donate some more money for this if you could implement it as there is no other mail-app-alternative for S/MIME at the moment.

Please think about this,
kind Regards

Daniel Hayes

Jan 26, 2016, 7:56:29 AM1/26/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
I agree!

Stefan Selbitschka

Apr 4, 2016, 8:52:21 AM4/4/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test, c.danie...@gmail.com
I'll try to improve the notifications with the update for Android 6.0, but since I have no smart watch at all I need you guys to test it with the watches.

regards
stefan

Christian Nöding

Apr 4, 2016, 8:58:03 AM4/4/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test, c.danie...@gmail.com
Hi Stefan,

how can I help? Will you publish a beta-version so that we can test it, or do you need additional information?

The samsung-watches (GearFit, etc) just mirror the standard-android-notification to the watch without additional code. So it would be enough if you could implement a configuration-switch within the R2Mail2-App that allows us to enable detailed email-info within the standard-android-notification.

kind regards,
Chris

Christian Nöding

Aug 23, 2016, 3:12:20 AM8/23/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test, c.danie...@gmail.com
Hi,

any news on this feature? At the moment I have to use K9-Mail for receiving the mail-display on my watch... A small checkbox-option to allow clear-text preview of the first words of the mail together with the address and subject within the notification would be enough.

bye,
Chris

Stefan Selbitschka

Aug 24, 2016, 9:23:46 AM8/24/16
to R2Mail2 BETA Test, c.danie...@gmail.com
Since Google decided to completely change the notification behavior in Android 7 I decided to delay this feature till then.

regard
stefan

Steve Skrodzki

May 26, 2018, 3:07:26 AM5/26/18
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
Hi Stefan,

as you are back to work I would like to also request the notification again. :-)

Cheers
 Stephan