How i can add and configure gmail account on R2Mail2?

Dawid Bielecki

Jan 2, 2017, 3:29:53 PM1/2/17
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
How i can add and configure gmail account on R2Mail2 v2.30?
When it need authentication method OAuth2.

Current settings what worked on Thunderbird are:

server name: imap.gmail.com   // imap.googlemail.com doesnt work as well
connection security: SSL/TLS
authentication method: OAuth2

I tired also enabled less software in google gmail settings, but doesnt work as well. I tried it also with other settings on R2Mail2 for connection serurity and other authentication method [ plaing | encrypted | none ].

Is it possible on R2Mail2 Beta?

A L

Jan 3, 2017, 6:20:53 AM1/3/17
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
It seem to work for me with SSL/TLS, port 993, and encrypted authentication. I did have to enable access for less secure apps in Gmail settings.

---- From: Dawid Bielecki <dawci...@gmail.com> -- Sent: 2017-01-02 - 21:29 ----

> How i can add and configure gmail account on R2Mail2 v2.30?
> When it need authentication method OAuth2.
>
> Current settings what worked on Thunderbird are:
>
> *server name:* imap.gmail.com // imap.googlemail.com doesnt work as well
> *user name: *cenz...@gmail.com
> *connection security: *SSL/TLS
> *authentication method:* OAuth2
>

> I tired also enabled less software in google gmail settings, but doesnt
> work as well. I tried it also with other settings on R2Mail2 for connection
> serurity and other authentication method [ plaing | encrypted | none ].
>
> Is it possible on R2Mail2 Beta?

Stefan Selbitschka

Jan 3, 2017, 7:31:55 AM1/3/17
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
OAuth2 is not supported in R2Mail2 at the moment. So you need to user Plain or Encrypted authentication method. But if you start the account wizard and type in an @gmail.com address R2Mail2 ask you for your password only, all other settings are set automatically.

regards
stefan

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:29:53 PM UTC+1, Dawid Bielecki wrote:
How i can add and configure gmail account on R2Mail2 v2.30?
When it need authentication method OAuth2.

Current settings what worked on Thunderbird are:

server name: imap.gmail.com   // imap.googlemail.com doesnt work as well
user name: xxxx

Tobias

Jan 17, 2017, 3:57:44 PM1/17/17
to R2Mail2 BETA Test
You need to create an app specific password for apps that dont support OAuth2 here: https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords
Using this password it should be possible configure R2Mail2.

Best regards,
Tobias