Meeting Minutes January 14, 2022

Mark Paluch

Jan 14, 2022, 10:05:06 AM1/14/22
to r2dbc
Hi all,

Please find the meeting minutes from our call on January 14, 2022, at [0].
The next call will be on February 4, 2022.

Thanks to all who participated and enjoy your weekend.

Cheers,
Mark

Agenda:
- Discuss new proposals
- R2DBC 0.8 Arabba-SR12 released
- R2DBC 0.8 maintenance period
- R2DBC 0.9 GA announcement
- Q&A/Open Discussion

Statement.add

* The general SPI approach seems to require rethinking in the context of usability and how parametrized batches should be supported. Right now, we do not have a strong demand to change the SPI as a proper approach requires more thought and we do not want to add something else that we would remove in the future. Rescheduling the ticket for a future release.

Reactor version strategy

* Reactor will remain evolving the 3.x development line by releasing Reactor 3.5 later this year. The plans to come up with a new major version are on hold. Eventually there will be a Reactor Netty preview version that supports Netty 5.

[0] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13-dt4sXEllBwWFFJn_qedxtEx0uGqN1QFyAO4PnHQEA/edit?usp=sharing