Meeting Minutes September 6th, 2019

Mark Paluch

Sep 6, 2019, 10:21:06 AM9/6/19
to r2dbc
Hi all,

Please find the meeting minutes from our call on September 6th, 2019 at [0].
Thanks to all who participated.

Cheers and have a great weekend,
Mark

Agenda
- Welcome
- SPI Changes
- Release planning 0.8.0.RC1
- Postgres driver maintenance

Postgres driver
- Dave and Mark are taking the maintenance initiative to the community to look for contributors and people that would be interested in help maintaining the driver

JSON support in Postgres driver
- For the initial support, the driver will expose JSON data as byte array/buffer/InputStream leaving actual mapping and processing up to the application level.
- As we go forward the driver might include processing facilities or even R2DBC could include how to work with JSON processing.
- The spec part is to be discussed at a later time.

Deprecations for named bind(…) and get(…) methods (#115)
- Intended for a smoother transition.
- Will be removed with RC1 (Mark will announce this to the ML).

Duration until downstream Spring components to adapt R2DBC 0.8 RC1
- Tight collaboration between R2DBC and Spring.
- Spring Data R2DBC will update to 0.8 snapshots soon.