r2dbc-oracle

Kuassi Mensah

Mar 10, 2020, 6:30:15 PM3/10/20
to r2dbc
Hi All,

Glad to announce that the Oracle JDBC team has started the development of the r2dbc-oracle driver.
No idea of when we would pass the Oracle red tape but it will, hopefully, be faster than getting our JDBC drivers on Maven Central. Deferring considering  contributions to a later time.

With the imminent release of our Flow-based Reactive JDBC extensions (DB 20c) that integrate with Reactor, RxJava and Akka Streams, we really look forward to supporting r2dbc to close the loop on reactive database access.

Best, Kuassi
Oracle Database Java Products

Mark Paluch

Mar 11, 2020, 2:43:51 AM3/11/20
to r2dbc
Hi Kuassi,

Congrats on your JDBC release and welcome to the R2DBC community.

Thanks for letting us know about your efforts. Feel free to reach out to us if there's something worth discussing.

Cheers,
Mark

Kuassi Mensah

Mar 11, 2020, 8:41:25 PM3/11/20
to r2dbc
Thank you Mark,

We will take you up on your offer.

Best, Kuassi

Jim C

Mar 16, 2020, 7:29:16 PM3/16/20
to r2dbc
I am looking forward to see some driver to connect with Oracle Database in our reactive stack. Hopefully it can come soon!