Seeking sponsorship for a new R2DBC 1.0 SQL Server driver

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Nicholas Bradfield

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 4:35:34 PMSep 14
to r2dbc
Hello,

I wrote a new Java R2DBC driver for Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL. It implements R2DBC SPI 1.0.0. It is a native reactive driver, not a JDBC wrapper. It depends on Project Reactor.

The existing community driver was not sufficient for what I needed. This codebase is a new implementation. It improves time and memory use, fixes bugs, and implements features that are still missing from current R2DBC SQL Server support.

I am looking for sponsorship to finish the remaining work.

Thank you,
Karl Nicholas

Lukas Eder

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 3:14:47 AMSep 15
to r2dbc
Hi Karl,

I'm curious about this driver. I might be able to help test it via jOOQ's integration test suite. Can you share what specific issues you're addressing? Where can this driver be found?

Cheers,
Lukas

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages