Sunday Movie Outing - Arrival

Eric Scoles

Nov 17, 2016, 4:33:46 PM11/17/16
to r-spec, Lynn Spitz, Janice Carello, Edward R. Wenskus, Judith Judson
I'm proposing a Sunday movie outing. I know it's almost last minute at this point. (For those who were at the board meeting Sunday, I meant to get this out Tuesday...)

Right now I'm heavily leaning toward 2:10pm show at Pittsford Plaza on Sunday (contingent on other factors).

This sounds like a really powerful film -- a strong & interesting adaptation of a Ted Chiang story, "The Story of Your Life."

If folks aren't interested in going Sunday, maybe people would want to go on Saturday, or at another time/location....?

eric scoles | erics...@gmail.com

Robert Tyler

Nov 17, 2016, 4:41:40 PM11/17/16
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
I'm game. Movie, time and place sounds great to me. Will you send a followup when confirmed? Would you mind if I invite others? We should also plan where to hang out afterwards and discuss (over beer...).
Cheers,
Rob

Rob Tyler
21 Summit St, Fairport NY
585-727-6125
robw...@yahoo.com
robwtyler.com

Nov 17, 2016, 6:24:39 PM11/17/16
to Eric Scoles, r-spec, Janice Carello, Edward R. Wenskus, Judith Judson
I'm interested.  2:10 is fine.

Kurt Schweitzer

Nov 17, 2016, 8:06:25 PM11/17/16
to r-s...@googlegroups.com, Eric Scoles, Janice Carello, Edward R. Wenskus, Judith Judson
I expect to be there.

Kurt

Sent from my iPad

Eric Scoles

Nov 17, 2016, 10:50:50 PM11/17/16
to r-spec
Bring who you like! This is really just coming up because I mentioned it on Facebook the other day and a bunch of folks chimed in & said they'd be interested.

I regard it as 'confirmed' now, FWIW.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/r-spec.

Zhao, Ruhan

Nov 18, 2016, 1:40:24 AM11/18/16
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
I have already watched it. I loved the story, and I think the movie is also excellent.

Ruhan

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 4:41 PM, 'Robert Tyler' via R-SPEC: The Rochester Speculative Literature Association <r-s...@googlegroups.com<mailto:r-s...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
Hi Eric,
I'm game. Movie, time and place sounds great to me. Will you send a followup when confirmed? Would you mind if I invite others? We should also plan where to hang out afterwards and discuss (over beer...).
Cheers,
Rob

Rob Tyler
21 Summit St, Fairport NY
585-727-6125<tel:585-727-6125>
robw...@yahoo.com<mailto:robw...@yahoo.com>
robwtyler.com<http://robwtyler.com/>

________________________________
I'm proposing a Sunday movie outing. I know it's almost last minute at this point. (For those who were at the board meeting Sunday, I meant to get this out Tuesday...)

Right now I'm heavily leaning toward 2:10pm show at Pittsford Plaza on Sunday (contingent on other factors).

This sounds like a really powerful film -- a strong & interesting adaptation of a Ted Chiang story, "The Story of Your Life."

If folks aren't interested in going Sunday, maybe people would want to go on Saturday, or at another time/location....?

eric scoles | erics...@gmail.com<mailto:erics...@gmail.com>

eric scoles | erics...@gmail.com<mailto:erics...@gmail.com>

Lois Gresh

Nov 18, 2016, 2:08:33 PM11/18/16
to R-SPEC: The Rochester Speculative Literature Association
I'll be there, too, hopefully with Arie.

Dana Paxson

Nov 18, 2016, 4:18:09 PM11/18/16
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Fran and I are coming too.