R-SPEC Movie Night on Saturday, August 16: "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes"

Alan

Aug 14, 2014, 7:43:24 AM8/14/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

We didn't get many votes for a movie switch, so with a 91% Rotten Tomatoes score, this weekend's R-SPEC movie is...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (R; 2 hours, 10 minutes)
When: Saturday, August 16 @ 3:20 p.m.
Where: Cinemark Tinseltown (Gates), 2291 Buffalo Rd, Rochester, NY 14624
Cost: $5.50 per person (discounted standard movie version, not the IMAX 3D or real D 3D version)
Dinner? We'll decide as a group if and where dinner is after the movie.

Movie Trailer

Time & Tix Info

See the upcoming R-SPEC Movie Nights on our Join us at the movies! page.

-------

Regards,
Alan

Alan Vincent Michaels
R-SPEC Program Officer

Kurt Schweitzer

Aug 14, 2014, 1:24:14 PM8/14/14
to Kurt Schweitzer, r-s...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 14, 2014, at 10:51 AM, Kurt Schweitzer <kurts...@gmail.com> wrote:

My kids were in town this past weekend so I went to see Groot — I mean Guardians of the Galaxy — with them. I’m not really fond of the Planet of the Apes movies, but I’ll try to join you for this one.

Kurt

P.S. Howard the Duck made an appearance in the Easter Egg at the very end of Groot. Does that mean there’s a new HTD movie in the works?

Eric Scoles

Aug 14, 2014, 1:51:04 PM8/14/14
to r-spec

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Kurt Schweitzer <kurts...@gmail.com> wrote:

P.S. Howard the Duck made an appearance in the Easter Egg at the very end of Groot. Does that mean there’s a new HTD movie in the works?

Supposedly, the official word is "no." He's an incredibly hard character to work with, anyway, because his mere presence tends to annihilate the seriousness that most superhero movies rely on.

That having been said, he's kind of sacred inside Marvel. Apparently they've worked him into every major line-spanning arc since the '70s. He was even involved in the Civil War. I'm assuming he was with Captain America and Nick Fury, but who knows, maybe he went with that fascist Iron Man.

eric scoles | erics...@gmail.com