R-SPEC Movie Night on Saturday, September 27: "The Boxtrolls"

Alan

Sep 26, 2014, 4:19:16 PM9/26/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

This weekend's R-SPEC movie is The Boxtrolls, a 3-D, stop-motion, animated fantasy, based on Here Be Monsters!, a novel by Alan Snow. This is the story of an orphan named Eggs (voiced by Isaac Hempstead-Wright) who was raised by cave-dwelling creatures called "Boxtrolls." They get their name because they wear, you guessed it, cardboard boxes. These creatures are hunted by an evil exterminator named Archibald Snatcher (voiced by Ben Kingsley), and that's where this fantasy-comedy begins! (It's currently rated 71% on the Tomatometer.)

The Boxtrolls (PG; 1 hour, 40 minutes)
When: Saturday, September 27 @ 4:20 p.m.
Where: Cinemark Tinseltown2291 Buffalo Road, Rochester, NY 14624
Cost: $7.50 per person (standard movie version, not the real D 3D version)
Dinner? We'll decide as a group if and where dinner is after the movie.

Movie Trailer

Time & Tix Info

See the upcoming R-SPEC Movie Nights on our Join us at the movies! page.

-------

Regards,
Alan

Alan Vincent Michaels