R-SPEC November 4 Meeting: "Read Your Work and Brainstorm Your Roadblocks"

Alan

Nov 4, 2014, 12:08:23 PM11/4/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

In our November 4 meeting (tonight), attendees are invited to read from their current or in-progress works. November is National Novel-Writing Month, so this meeting is a great time to get a boost by reading your first few days' work.
Please try to arrive before 7 to put your name on the list for reading.

Also, please note we are not meeting in the Community Room due to a request from B&N management for another group's presentation. We will be meeting in a separate sitting/reading area on the second floor.

Bring a short piece or a portion of a longer work -- fewer than 1,000 words if you can, but up to 2,000 words if you can't break the scene -- so everyone has sufficient reading time and attendees have time to provide their feedback. We'll read works in order from shortest to longest, to ensure the greatest number of people get to read.
Moderator: Alan Vincent Michaels
Location: Barnes & Noble, Pittsford
Meeting Time: November 4, 2014 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

mrkip w

Feb 7, 2017, 11:50:09 PM2/7/17
to R-SPEC: The Rochester Speculative Literature Association
Just posting an apology for missing meetings. I put them on my calendar, I look forward to them keenly, and then… well. I made it in November, and then there was no meeting in December. I hope I'll make it in March. Do you send out reminders? Those have occasionally helped.

Kip Williams
(showed up, read a short story)