Trouble with installation

Aaron McGuire

Feb 3, 2011, 12:06:39 PM2/3/11
to r-node-users
Hey, all

I'm trying to install R-Node on my local machine... I've been
following the install guide as stated, but I can't seem to get past
step 5. When I try to use the make command it initially works fine,
but it seems to get hopelessly caught up on the following error:

gcc -o binding.node src/binding.o src/Rconnection.o -shared -L/usr/lib/
R/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lR -lcrypt
ld: warning: directory '/usr/lib/R/lib' following -L not found
ld: library not found for -lR
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [binding.node] Error 1
make: *** [server] Error 2

From here, it doesn't generate the deploy directory properly or the
run-server.sh file. Any idea what's up? If there's any more
information I can give, please let me know. Thanks for any assistance,
much appreciated.

Aaron

Jamie Love

Feb 3, 2011, 2:02:17 PM2/3/11
to r-node...@googlegroups.com

Hi there

It is trying to find the core R library. You'll need to install R or possibly just the R development package.

Jamie