Error starting the server.

Joel

Sep 27, 2010, 3:40:29 AM9/27/10
to r-node-users
Hi im trying to get R-node installed and running but I get alot of
errors

First I got the cant find libR.so error but fixed it with adding the
path to the file in ld.so.conf.

But now I get this error:

27 Sep 09:26:10 - (local): Cannot load configuration from 'etc/
config.js'. Trying second option 'etc/config-example.js'
27 Sep 09:26:10 - (local): Loaded configuration from 'etc/config-
example.js'

node.js:63
throw e;
^
TypeError: Object //
// R-Node configuration file.
// Basically this defines the server side configuration for R-Node
// It's pure JSON, except that it allows single line comments
//
{
"listen": {
//
// The port to listen on.
//
"port": 2903,

//
// The interface to listen on, or null to listen on all.
// Set to 'localhost' for more security.
//
"interface": null
},

//
// Authentication module and configuration for the authentication
//

"authentication": {
// Authenticators can be found in the 'authenticators'
directory.
// "none", or "basic-user"
"type": "none"

// Rest of authenticator configuration listed here.
//
// For "none" no configuration is necessary.
// For "basic-user":
//
// usersFile: "etc/users-example.js"
// sessionTimeout: 30 // minutes
},

"features": {
// Features include things like file upload, image creation
etc.
"fileUpload": {
"enable": true, // or false!

"maxFileSize": "100kb", // Can be a number and size like
1000k, or 1mb.
// without a number, it assumes
megabyte.

"directory": "/tmp", // A directory accessible to both R-
Node and R.

"Rdirectory": "/tmp" // The "directory" option above, but
from R's perspective
// (this is to support jailing).
}

, "sitePages": {
}

},

"R": {
//
// The base directory of R - default in Ubuntu is /usr/lib/R
//
"root": "/usr/lib/R",

//
// The base directory from where to find R temporary files
// This is where we can find R's temporary files. E.g. if
// R generates a file, '/tmp/rtmpvnvdshf43.txt', we'll find
// it at: temporaryDirectory + '/tmp/rtmpvnvdshf43.txt'
//
"temporaryDirectory": "/",

// A temporary directory, accessible to R.
"tempDirectoryFromRperspective": "/tmp", // What R thinks the
temp directory is.
"tempDirectoryFromOurPerspective": "/tmp", // What We know it
is. Separate, to allow for jailing of R server instances.

//
// Username and password to connect to RServe with.
// Only used if RServe requires a username/password
//
"username": "test",
"password": "test",

//
// R sessions management.
// Valid values are "single", "perUser"
//
"sessionManagement": "single",

//
// If you have a per-user type of session management,
// set the length of time to wait before closing an idle
// session.
//
// This is in minutes.
//
// It's a good idea to set this longer or equal to than
// the authentication session timeout.
//
"idleSessionTimeout": 30,

//
// To have R-Node run and manage the R server, set this
// option to true
//
"manageRserver": false
}
}

has no method 'replace'
at Object.loadJsonFile (/home/joel/Hämtningar/r-node-0.1.0/deploy/
rnodeUtils.js:65:17)
at Object.<anonymous> (/home/joel/Hämtningar/r-node-0.1.0/deploy/r-
node.js:33:20)
at Module._compile (node.js:662:23)
at Module._loadScriptSync (node.js:669:10)
at Module.loadSync (node.js:538:12)
at Object.runMain (node.js:722:24)
at Array.<anonymous> (node.js:745:12)
at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:55:22)
at node.js:757:9

And I dont know how to handle that one. And yes Rserve is running.

Joel

Sep 27, 2010, 4:13:49 AM9/27/10
to r-node-users
I downloaded the latest copy from the repository and everything works
now :)

Maybe time for a new release version?

Jamie Love

Sep 27, 2010, 4:16:18 AM9/27/10
to r-node...@googlegroups.com
Indeed,

I shall do one in a moment or two!

Cheers,
--
Jamie Love
Looking for custom software development? Contact us at www.nsquaredsoftware.com.

Joel

Sep 27, 2010, 4:19:08 AM9/27/10
to r-node-users
Got it working with the latest version from the repository

Maybe time to upload a new version as release??