[r-node-users] Updates to R-Node

Jamie Love

Apr 28, 2010, 6:49:19 AM4/28/10
to r-node...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been busy over the last week, so I've only really got back to it
these last few days.

A few updates to R-Node now though, and plans for many more:

* Add TODO file until we have a issue tracker.
* Implement start of server-side fallback for graphing. This allows
users to generate graphs as PNGs on the server if R-Node doesn't
support a client side version. Only works for 'boxplot()' at the
moment though! Note that on the demo this fails to print text out.
Something to do with the lack of fonts.
* Update to ExtJS 3.2.1
* wrap the 'print' command to get output to the client. This allows,
among other things, the ability to get the implementation of a
function printed to the R-Node client UI.
* Implement capabilities This allows the server to tell the client
what it can and cannot do. In particular, it disables the File Upload
mechanism if it isn't turned on by the server.
* Add the beginnings of the object browser.
* Move to a more flexable architecture for server side handlers.
* Implement file upload and parsing. Simplified for now. Configuration
allows this to be turned off or on.
* Fix bug in help loader that stopped loading help for two-part functions.
* Fix bug that caused functions such as 'contributors()' to fail.

Any feature requests, bugs or other ideas, send them my way. I plan
to, in particular, get R-Node working with a .exe installer under
windows in the near future.

Cheers,
Jamie

http://www.squirelove.net/r-node/