Re: [r-inla] Trouble installing INLA

Helpdesk

May 9, 2022, 2:54:35 PM5/9/22
to Tricia Thibodeau, R-inla discussion group

since there is a 'source' package that is newer (and we now build for R-
4.2) you need to add argument

type="binary"

to install.packages(), to get the binary package for R-4.1

install.packages("INLA",repos=c(getOption("repos"),INLA="https://inla.r-inla-download.org/R/testing
"), type="binary", dep=TRUE)

since we're at R-4.2, it might be a good idea to upgrade.

May 9, 2022, 2:56:24 PM5/9/22
to Tricia Thibodeau, R-inla discussion group

this 'trick' works for Mac and Win, but for linux one might have to
download manually version 22.05.03 (which is the latest one built with
R-4.1). Its a good idea to upgrade R though.