Another distribution

Moisés Augusto

Mar 12, 2023, 6:11:22 PM3/12/23
to R-inla discussion group
Hi, I want to incorporate another probability distribution to the counts than the ones offered in the “family” argument from INLA function.

Can I adapt one of the options (such the Poisson) to a desired distribution?

Helpdesk (Haavard Rue)

Mar 13, 2023, 3:38:58 AM3/13/23
to Moisés Augusto, R-inla discussion group
Hi,

this has to be done directly in the source code and there is no
interface for likelihood as there is for latent models
(rgeneric/cgeneric)

If you send me details I can assist you more

Best

--
Håvard Rue
he...@r-inla.org

Moisés Augusto

Mar 13, 2023, 9:47:15 AM3/13/23
to R-inla discussion group
Hi, to be short, I want to incorporate the Bell distribution and use it to fit a spatio-temporal model.
I tried to look on the INLA function code, but I didn't manage to find the family specification.
I was planning to find it and look to the specification of some distribution (such Poisson) and replicate this specification, but adapting it to the Bell.
Do you have any suggestion?

Moisés Augusto

Apr 25, 2023, 8:41:36 PM4/25/23
to R-inla discussion group
Hi, how are you?
Sorry for bring this theme back.
I want to incorporate the inflated zero bell distribution.
There is a way I can code and incorporate it to INLA?
In the another time, I didn't find it.
The distribution is like the zeroinflatedpoisson1 (specified here: https://inla.r-inla-download.org/r-inla.org/doc/likelihood/zeroinflated.pdf)

The bell distribution, which is currently implemented, it's like in the pdf.
bell.pdf

Helpdesk (Haavard Rue)

Apr 26, 2023, 2:15:05 PM4/26/23
to Moisés Augusto, R-inla discussion group
In short, likelihood models needs to be added directed into the source
code, there is no user-interface in R or C.

Let me check it, as most of the work was done already, the 'bell' one is
pretty involved.