PARDISO for INLA on HPC

Abi Riley

Jul 9, 2024, 3:40:41 PM (12 days ago) Jul 9
to R-inla discussion group
Hi There,

Has anyone managed to use PARDISO on a HPC since the change in licensing?

I have a key for a specific login node and when I use check.pardiso() it seems to work on the R in the command line. However, when I run a job I get this:

            Error:26 Reason: License file for PARDISO: Wrong username
      Line:552 Function: GMRFLib_pardiso_init

For my university we have usernames like abc12, using 'whoami' I get "abc12", the license is under "abc12" for login node e.g. "login-a". So I'm not too sure where the issue is coming from as I am running on login node a. Maybe I need to write the username in the R code or in the license file in some way?

If anyone has any tips or advice to how you've got it working, that would be great!

Many thanks in advance!
Abi

Helpdesk (Haavard Rue)

Jul 11, 2024, 5:45:24 AM (11 days ago) Jul 11
to Abi Riley, R-inla discussion group

If you run on a cluster, with a login-node, but then the job can be run on
another node, the current free licenese will not work as its tied up to a
particular machine.

In this case you can purcase an academic license for this purpose from panua.ch
or use the default sparse library (TAUCS) in R-INLA

--
Håvard Rue
he...@r-inla.org