Re: [r-inla] adding hierarchy level of hyper-hyperparameter

Elias T. Krainski

Aug 9, 2022, 11:40:07 AM8/9/22
to R-inla discussion group
Hi
On your question

"1. I would like to add an additional hierarchy level where the Hyperparameters of the latent field are conditioned on the cosmological parameters (the relationship between hyperparameters and cosmological parameters is investigated by a regression beforehand).
"

You can check out the paper at
And the example I the bspde book (from https://www.r-inla.org/learnmore/books )

Elias

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022, 17:03 Amelie Liese, <lies...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear INLA Group,

I am new to R-INLA and fitting an spde model and a generic car model on cosmic matter density field data. I have two main questions:

1. I would like to add an additional hierarchy level where the Hyperparameters of the latent field are conditioned on the cosmological parameters (the relationship between hyperparameters and cosmological parameters is investigated by a regression beforehand).
Very simplified:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 21.02.10.png
In order to estimate the posterior marginals of the cosmological parameters

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 21.04.38.png

Is there a way to implement this in the spde approach or for a generic car model?

2. How can I integrate different simulated fields in the generic car model inference? Is there something similar to the stacking function and group indexing from the spde approach?

thank you in advance!