Making spatial

Jan jaap poos

Jul 16, 2024, 10:55:19 AM (5 days ago) Jul 16
to R-inla discussion group
Dear all,

I have a space-time model in INLA that is defined as a SPDE model for the spatial domain and an AR1 model for time.
The temporal dimension of the model is reduced using section 7.3.2 of becarioprecario.bitbucket.io/spde-gitbook. The book nicely explains how to make predictions for the SPDE on the temporal nodes using inla.mesh.project(). I wonder if there is example code available for making predictions between nodes in a similar fashion.

I realize that an alternative to this approach (of using inla.mesh.project) would be to generate multiple grids (with response set to NA) to time values between the nodes and add those grids to the observations before fitting the model, but I prefer to make predictions from already fitted models.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jan-Jaap Poos