Log-binomial regression

Mtani Njegere

Apr 12, 2021, 9:20:51 AM4/12/21
to R-inla discussion group
Hello INLA team,
I have my dataset which is hierarchical multilevel with binary outcome variable. I want to evaluate the relative risk in each category of explanatory variable using log-binomial regression. How can fit this in INLA. The proposed R codes will be very helpful.

Helpdesk

Apr 12, 2021, 1:46:09 PM4/12/21
to Mtani Njegere, R-inla discussion group
can you write down the math for what model you want to fit, or make a R-
script simulating from the model?

--
Håvard Rue
he...@r-inla.org

Prince Michael Amegbor

Apr 12, 2021, 2:30:03 PM4/12/21
to R-inla discussion group
Hi,

This is my suggestion (I could be wrong). In normal glm you can specify log-binomial as

                                   glm(formula, data=data, family=binomial(link="log"))

hence my deduction is that in INLA you can do

                                   inla(formula, family='binomial',Ntrials="", data=data, control.family=list(link='log') ...)

I stand corrected. And as Håvard said you may get the appropriate answer by writing the math of your model.

Regards,