Marginal log-Likelihood

Ismael Ahmad Rab

Jul 13, 2024, 12:11:46 PM (8 days ago) Jul 13
to R-inla discussion group
Hi,

I had a question regrading the Marginal log-Likelihood score that is shown when getting the summary of a fitted model. How is this quantity computed?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Ismael Ahmad

Håvard Rue

Jul 13, 2024, 5:48:54 PM (8 days ago) Jul 13
to Ismael Ahmad Rab, R-inla discussion group
the log-likelihood is compute as the log of the normalization constant as
described in the INLA 2009 paper, using the joint approximation as discussed in

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0167947313001552

--
Håvard Rue
hr...@r-inla.org