Comparing the spatial effects of two models

Prince Michael Amegbor

Dec 3, 2021, 8:25:14 AM12/3/21
to R-inla discussion group
hello,

I have a question about comparing the spatial effects of two models using r-inla. Assuming I have two models: Model 1 and Model 2. Where Model  1 is a survival model with the formula (adopted from Martine, Akerkar & Rue (2011):

f1 = inla.surv(time, event)∼ PM+ f(ID, model="iid", param=c(1, 1))

and Model 2 is expressed as

f1 = inla.surv(time, event)∼ PM+ age + edu + inc + f(ID, model="iid", param=c(1, 1))

where ID is an index for spatial units.

Is there a way to compare the spatial effects from the two models in terms of change in the spatial risk? Can I just do such a comparison by looking at the differences in the log hazards for ID in the two models (e.g. Model 1 - Model 2)?

Thank you.

Helpdesk

Dec 4, 2021, 6:29:40 AM12/4/21
to Prince Michael Amegbor, R-inla discussion group

Maybe you want to compare DIC or WAIC, if you're up to a model
comparison. Otherwise, if you're after the chance in the risk, you have
to check how to risk for the two fits differ.

--
Håvard Rue
he...@r-inla.org