About prior distribution

Longwen Zhao

Apr 4, 2021, 11:13:13 AM4/4/21
to R-inla discussion group
Dear INLA friends:

 I have a question about an argument "names(inla.models()$prior)"

If I use this argument, it will give me 43 different prior including gamma, flat. But as I know, we can only assign gaussian prior to parameters, is that correct? why there are so many priors?

Thanks

Longwen

Longwen Zhao

Apr 4, 2021, 11:20:29 AM4/4/21
to R-inla discussion group
I think these priors are set for precisions, right?

Helpdesk

Apr 5, 2021, 6:24:22 AM4/5/21
to Longwen Zhao, R-inla discussion group
yes, for the non-gaussian part of the model.

--
Håvard Rue
he...@r-inla.org

Helpdesk

Apr 5, 2021, 6:29:05 AM4/5/21
to Longwen Zhao, R-inla discussion group