using hiphop for coral parentage analysis

Hillary Smith

Mar 1, 2023, 2:11:43 AM3/1/23
to R-hiphop
Hi there, I am a researcher based at James Cook University in Townsville Australia. I came across your package as I am scoping options to analyse coral SNP data. In short, I have sperm samples from all potential fathers of a mass coral spawning event, and would like to trace the "success" of each father across a time series of developing coral larvae. I am following the vignette for your package, and have gotten stuck at the inspect() stage. The command runs without error, but comes back with a non-sensical result; that 0/549 samples are "sampled" and all samples have 100% missing data. Curious if you can help me troubleshoot. I look forward to hearing from you! Warmest regards, Hillary

Martijn van de Pol

Mar 2, 2023, 6:13:40 PM3/2/23
to R-hiphop
Hi Hillary, it is a bit hard for me to identify the issue without some example data to reproduce the error you are getting.
Having said that, this sounds like it should be easy to resolve. Also, I am now based at James Cook University in Townsville as well, so if it makes things easier, you could also drop by my office some time next week... room number and contact details can be found here https://research.jcu.edu.au/portfolio/martijn.vandepol/
Martijn

Hillary Smith

Mar 2, 2023, 6:40:10 PM3/2/23
to Martijn van de Pol, R-hiphop
Hi Martijn,

I had no idea you were at JCU! Would love to drop in. Are you free any time Tuesday 7th after 12pm?

Cheers
Hillary