[R] Question on accessing foreign files

Daniel Molinari

Apr 18, 2017, 8:49:10 AM4/18/17
to r-h...@r-project.org
Hi all,

I have several data files provided in mtw format (Minitab) and sdd format
(S-Plus) and I need to read them in R.

I do not have access either to Minitab or to S-Plus.

How can I accomplish this task ?

Thank you,
Daniel

[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

William Dunlap via R-help

Apr 18, 2017, 12:32:37 PM4/18/17
to Daniel Molinari, r-h...@r-project.org
I've attached data.restore4.txt, containing the function
data.restore4(), which has the same argument list as
foreign::data.restore() and is mean to be called by the latter if the
first line of the file is "## Dump S Version 4 Dump". It can read
version 4 of the 'S data dump' format, which for which S+ uses the
file extension ".sdd". It stores the objects it reads in the
environment specified by the 'env' argument/.

I think it works pretty well; please report any issues to me.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com
data.restore4.txt