Laptop blocks self signed certs

Jam BGaming

Mar 15, 2024, 3:26:10 PMMar 15
to qz-print
Hello my laptop as a security requirement blocks self signed certificates. Is it possible to use a normal certificate???

Lite Finocchiaro

Mar 15, 2024, 4:08:59 PMMar 15
to Jam BGaming, qz-print
Can you share a screenshot? Generally it's not the OS that blocks a self-signed cert, but antivirus software or a browser policy. I can't give specifics on the antivirus workaround as they're all a bit different, but if it's a network policy, you should be able to escalate it to your local IT support or network administrator.

Navigate to https://localhost:8181 to see what the certificate says. If you need to make the exception there, you should have the option available, then it should work as intended.

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Regards,

Lite Finocchiaro
VP, QZ Industries

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 3:26 PM Jam BGaming <jambg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello my laptop as a security requirement blocks self signed certificates. Is it possible to use a normal certificate???

Screenshot from 2024-03-15 16-06-13.png