Generating a new PFX

Caleb O’Leary

Mar 1, 2024, 12:23:10 AMMar 1
to qz-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi Team,

I think we have paid for a license, but I have been unable to generate a PFX to update our license despite trying to follow the instructions on your website.

https://qz.io/docs/generate-certificate

When I log in I am met with this page:

Would I be able to get some help with generating a PFXC for the license expiring March 8 2025?

Caleb O’Leary
CX Product Owner |  Freightways Information Services Limited
e. Caleb....@Freightways.co.nz  |  w. www.freightways.co.nz
Freightways House, 32 Botha Road, Penrose, Auckland, New Zealand
DX Box CX10118, Auckland, New Zealand

Freightways

Tres Finocchiaro

Mar 1, 2024, 1:00:48 AMMar 1
to Caleb O’Leary, qz-print
Caleb,

The PFX from last year is reused.  We only use the private-key component of the PFX so it only needs to be swapped in rare circumstances.

Instead , it's the digital-certificate.txt file that generally gets replaced.

I understand this is a bit backwards from other vendors, but it's how we process the certificate in Java that mandates this certificate format.  The PFX has a dummy certificate in it and we only use the private-key portion for our signing code.

Caleb O’Leary

Mar 1, 2024, 1:04:40 AMMar 1
to Tres Finocchiaro, qz-print
Hi Tres,

Thanks this makes a bit more sense, thank you.

I will try to replace the cert in the pfx file and reach out if we need additional support.

Would it be OK to keep this open for a few days as we won't be getting to this for another 4 days