QZ Tray with Linux

Rylon Thompson

May 9, 2024, 4:41:12 PMMay 9
to qz-p...@googlegroups.com, sup...@trident1pos.com
Hello,

I've had Qz Tray installed on a windows 11 computer and everything has been working fine with my point-of-sale company, Trident 1.

However, I recently added another computer to use as my main POS terminal. It's running Linux Pop-OS. So far, I've managed to get the proper driver for my Star 100III thermal printer installed and I can print a test page locally.

However, when I open my POS site, I'm unable to get the Star 100III to print my receipts. I have managed to get it to perform a test print on their "add printer location" settings but it still won't print while conducting transaction, nor will it open the cash drawer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've cc'd their support team so maybe y'all can work together at achieving a solution to this. Thank you very much.

        Rylon Thompson

            Owner

       45 Precision

Laser Engraving and Firearm Solutions

            (601)790-0045

       123 E. Ford Street Suite A

           Ridgeland, MS 39157

  Federal Firearms License - SOT

      1-64-089-01-5F-06234

Tres Finocchiaro

May 9, 2024, 4:50:17 PMMay 9
to Rylon Thompson, qz-print, sup...@trident1pos.com
The Star TSP100-series offer ESC/POS emulation as part of the Windows device driver.  Last I checked, the Linux and MacOS drivers do not support ESC/POS emulation.  This is a Star issue.