Need EPL viewer application

CantonJester

May 16, 2016, 11:20:16 AM5/16/16
to qz-print
I'm building a Wordpress / WooCommerce site for a customer, and they're using an LP2844 label printer (EPL).

Will the free version of this software act as the go-between necessary so that it can read the EPL file and the user can print via some type of viewer?

Thank you!

Tres Finocchiaro

May 16, 2016, 11:32:32 AM5/16/16
to CantonJester, qz-print
We're not aware of anything that simulates/previews EPL content.

QZ-Tray can print to a LP2844 (we have one we test with) but unfortunately, QZ Tray is a passthru --- it won't be able to preview it.

Somewhat related, there's an online ZPL previewer here: http://labelary.com/viewer.html, but we're unaware of an EPL preview capability on the market.

In regards to WooCommerce and Wordpress integration, you may want to reach out to Paul Kilmurray, he authors a product which already integrates with QZ Tray so he would know what's necessary for integration, although most of his work has been with the Epson printing language.

In regards to the capabilities of the free version, signing is a hard requirement, so that is a bit to setup, especially if you're free, you'd have to roll your own certificate (see "To override the Trusted Root certificate" section).

Best regards,

-Tres

CantonJester

May 16, 2016, 12:03:59 PM5/16/16
to qz-print, keith.r...@gmail.com
OK thank you!

What is happening is when the EPL gets saved to the PC, the machine doesn't know what to do with the file. Will this allow an actionable command (print) on the file, by allowing it to be associated with the file type?

All we ultimately need to do is get the "print label" command from the browser to send the file to the LP 2844. Preview would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Tres Finocchiaro

May 16, 2016, 12:39:26 PM5/16/16
to CantonJester, qz-print
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:03 PM, CantonJester <keith.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK thank you!

What is happening is when the EPL gets saved to the PC, the machine doesn't know what to do with the file. Will this allow an actionable command (print) on the file, by allowing it to be associated with the file type?

All we ultimately need to do is get the "print label" command from the browser to send the file to the LP 2844. Preview would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

We don't currently have file association for EPL files, but instead require the web developer to use JavaScript to send the EPL label using our API.

The API is quite simple, but integrating it into a CMS like wordpress may add some complexities.

On the contrary, if you're looking to just send an EPL file directly to the printer, there aren't a whole lot of solutions out there.  Here's a questions on stackoverflow:

This solution will only work for Windows, but a batch file which is associated manually through the registry could do it.

I'd recommend you have a script which installs, names and shares the specified printer so that it can be accessed at \\%COMPUTERNAME%\LP2844.  This is quite trivial by something like this:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "LP2844" /f "%WINDIR%\inf\ntprint.inf" /r "lpt1:<or whatever port>" /m "Generic / Text Only"

Once you have the printer scripted and re-mapped back to the local workstation as a FILE device (e.g. LPT2) then you can have your associated batch file echo the PRN (.EPL, .ZPL, etc) by taking it as the %1 input parameter.

-Tres

lokes...@greycode.in

Sep 12, 2017, 1:11:49 AM9/12/17
to qz-print
Hi guys,
I have another issue here.
I am trying to print an image using Zebra printer EPL. But it's not printing anything.
I have already posted this question but not getting any answers. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Question link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46094778/zebra-printer-gc420t-not-printing-an-image-epl-2-gw

Thank you.

Tres Finocchiaro

Sep 12, 2017, 11:05:51 AM9/12/17
to lokes...@greycode.in, qz-print
@Lokeshkumar,

The question is off-topic to this mailing list as it doesn't not directly pertain to QZ Tray software.  Have you tried to print using the QZ Tray software?  We have EPL image support as well, but you'd have to use our JavaScript API.

If you send a sample image, we can take a look out of courtesy to test compatibility with the QZ Tray application and EPL2 capable hardware.

Deva Raj

Jun 26, 2024, 3:15:55 AM (11 days ago) Jun 26
to qz-print
HI,
kindly help me ,
need to epl prn viewer .
(or)
epl prn desien note.

Regards
Devaraj N P

Tres Finocchiaro

Jun 26, 2024, 9:12:31 AM (11 days ago) Jun 26
to Deva Raj, qz-print
I'm still not aware of an EPL emulator or viewer application.