Remote Network Printing with just IP Address of the Printer

Sushant Rajbanshi

Mar 11, 2024, 12:24:25 AMMar 11
to qz-print
Hey Team,
I was wondering if qz allows triggering printing of a document from my PC to a remote Network printer on a different location with just the IP address of that Network printer.
If it's possible, would you please guide me on achieving that ?

Thanks,
Sushant Rajbanshi

Lite Finocchiaro

Mar 11, 2024, 12:18:25 PMMar 11
to Sushant Rajbanshi, qz-print
If this printer is available to the WAN with its own established IP address, then it's theoretically possible, but this would not be a common configuration for the printer.

How are you making the printer available to the WAN?

You may wish to have a PC near the printer act as a PaperCut server for this purpose:

Kind regards,

Lite Finocchiaro
VP, QZ Industries

Tres Finocchiaro

Mar 11, 2024, 2:21:12 PMMar 11
to Sushant Rajbanshi, qz-print
If your printer can accept a raw document or raw commands, yes: