building qxmledit with Cmake

Docas Nwanebu

Nov 30, 2018, 7:50:18 AM11/30/18
to qxmledit-discuss
HI Ibell

I ve got a big project that is purely compiled using cmake instead of qmake and I want to include QxmlEdit as a library as part of the project. The solution that seams feasible to me is to convert qmake(pro/pri files) to CMakeList.txt so that I can compile QXmlEdit with cmake instead, is this possible?  I am asking for advice on how one would convert the .pro files and .pri files on the QXmlEdit project to a CmakeList.txt.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Docas

Luca Bellonda

Nov 30, 2018, 3:06:04 PM11/30/18
to qxmledit...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have no direct experience, but the qmake project is very basic. Basically you need only to define include, sources, resources and needed libraries. You can avoid the parameters configuration if your environment is well defined. On github there are some qmake to CMake translators.

Another option is to link with compiled library from your package manager. QXmlEdit is composed by two libraries, the XML editor and a sessione manager, and an application; you can simply use the editor.

Best regards.

Il giorno ven 30 nov 2018 alle ore 13:50 Docas Nwanebu <zulu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
HI IbellI ve got a big project that is purely compiled using cmake instead of qmake and I want to include QxmlEdit as a library as part of the project. The solution that seams feasible to me is to convert qmake(pro/pri files) to CMakeList.txt so that I can compile QXmlEdit with cmake instead, is this possible?  I am asking for advice on how one would convert the .pro files and .pri files on the QXmlEdit project to a CmakeList.txt.

Igor Oleynikov

Nov 30, 2018, 11:18:53 PM11/30/18
to qxmledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
>  I am asking for advice on how one would convert the .pro files and .pri files on the QXmlEdit project to a CmakeList.txt.
Can you send me the qmake(pro/pri files) and I'll try to convert it to cmake.
Thanks and Good Luck!

Luca Bellonda

Dec 1, 2018, 7:21:50 AM12/1/18
to qxmledit...@googlegroups.com
Hello, you can find the sources at: https://github.com/lbellonda/qxmledit
Depending on your target/Qt version you can skip the part of parameter configuration.

In the folder singleapp there is a unsupported simplified configuration to build a single executable instead of splitting it to libraries.

Best regards.

Il giorno sab 1 dic 2018 alle ore 05:18 Igor Oleynikov <oleyni...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Can you send me the qmake(pro/pri files) and I'll try to convert it to cmake.

Igor Oleynikov

Dec 2, 2018, 2:07:22 AM12/2/18
to qxmledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca,
> you can find the sources at: ...
OK. I'll look and answer you asap.
Thanks and Good Luck!

Luca Bellonda

Dec 2, 2018, 7:56:44 AM12/2/18
to qxmledit...@googlegroups.com
Great,
   but  do not forget that the question was generated by Docas Nwanebu. Ask him for questions about enviromnent and purpose of the request. I can answer tech. questions regarding the source code.

Best regards

Igor Oleynikov

Dec 2, 2018, 6:41:20 PM12/2/18
to qxmledit...@googlegroups.com
>  but  do not forget that the question was generated by Docas Nwanebu. Ask him for questions about enviromnent and
> purpose of the request. I can answer tech. questions regarding the source code.
OK

Docas Nwanebu

Dec 3, 2018, 3:02:19 AM12/3/18
to qxmledit-discuss
Hi Igor

Thanks for your willingness to assist me. The pri/pro files that I want to convert are on the QXmlEdit github repository.

Thanks and regards
Docas

Docas Nwanebu

Dec 3, 2018, 3:12:19 AM12/3/18
to qxmledit-discuss
Hi Ibell

Thanks for your advice. I am actually interested in the XML editor. I will try to compile only the XML editor and I assume I will have to edit the pro files to only compile the XML editor. When that is successful then convert the edited pro file to cmake. I have not this before either but your advice enlightened me.

Thanks and regards
Docas