Compile on macOS 10.14

Michael Sheaver

Aug 20, 2018, 1:26:37 PM8/20/18
to qxmledit-discuss
Greetings!

I have cloned the qxmledit repo from Github, and saw that gt is one of the dependencies, so I installed qt 5.5 using the Homebrew package manager. So far, so good.

However, I see that qmake is needed, but it is not showing as a Homebrew package, and I cannot find any documentation for installing or compiling it.

Does anyone here have the full list of steps needed to compile qxmledit and qmake on macOS? If so, could you kindly shoot them my way?

I know that is is much simpler just to download the precompiled package and install it. But I like to compile from repos as much as possible.

Many thanks!

lbell

Aug 20, 2018, 2:53:02 PM8/20/18
to qxmledit-discuss

Does anyone here have the full list of steps needed to compile qxmledit and qmake on macOS? If so, could you kindly shoot them my way?

Hello, I installed Qt Creator for MacOSX. Qt Creator comes with qmake, by the way I think that qmake is part of Qt libraries.

You will need XCode for the C++ compiler.

After that, from the root of the QXmlEdit sources you can use the script compile.sh after having added the path to qmake to system path.

When the build is done you can use the script installmacos in install_scripts/macosx to create an installation dmg.
In the first lines of the script you will find some commented variables to set for the path and the version number.

Best regards.