pedagogy / propaganda

mungojelly (SwiftRain, swifty)

Feb 2, 2009, 1:13:11 PM2/2/09
to qww'xzx
I posted a shoop to the groop! I took an old decorated "L" and added
some semi-educational and semi-propagandistic lettering;; :) Feel
free to reproduce or continuing altering;; ; ll; I hereby enter my
shoop into the public domain;; (pff; copyright**);;;

The recent rise of Jbotcan in Lojbanistan has shown me the importance
of visual communication not only in making a language accessible; but
in raising morale;; Bringing a language into any new medium raises
morale; I think; each in a different way:: Hearing the sound of a
language makes it more personal; more flowing;; it enters your head
more;; Seeing a script gives it more texture; it feels graspable;;
Images seem to be very entertaining; stimulating; intriguing; ; so
they're good medicine I think for bringing a language to life;;;;

Hopefully someone with more practice than myself in visual arts will
take that torch and run with it;; :) lll;; :)

<3,
mungojelly-l

**p.s. what if we had shortish words/phrases that meant "i hereby
enter this writing (or; the work of mine i just linked) to be in the
public domain (or; the latest version of creative commons by-nc-
sa)"... /me would enjoy saying those sorts of words very much :>

Alex Fink

Feb 4, 2009, 4:00:43 AM2/4/09
to qww'xzx
On Feb 2, 10:13 am, "mungojelly (SwiftRain, swifty)"
<mungoje...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted a shoop to the groop!  I took an old decorated "L" and added
> some semi-educational and semi-propagandistic lettering;; :)  Feel
> free to reproduce or continuing altering;; ;  ll; I hereby enter my
> shoop into the public domain;; (pff; copyright**);;;
>
> The recent rise of Jbotcan in Lojbanistan has shown me the importance
> of visual communication not only in making a language accessible; but
> in raising morale;;

Tell us about jbotcan? I took a google but that mostly yielded pages
in lojban; and my lojban is hardly up to snuff;;; :-p

> Hopefully someone with more practice than myself in visual arts will
> take that torch and run with it;; :) lll;; :)

lll;;; Doubt it will be me, though;;;

> **p.s. what if we had shortish words/phrases that meant "i hereby
> enter this writing (or; the work of mine i just linked) to be in the
> public domain (or; the latest version of creative commons by-nc-
> sa)"... /me would enjoy saying those sorts of words very much :>

lll'lll;;; It may be getting ahead of ourselves to think about this
now; but this would be a neat little class of words;; special
performatives, perhaps;; I wonder what else may go in this class;;;

Alex-l

Brett Williams

Feb 9, 2009, 12:13:08 AM2/9/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:00 AM, Alex Fink <000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tell us about jbotcan? I took a google but that mostly yielded pages
> in lojban; and my lojban is hardly up to snuff;;; :-p

ll'll; The main page to look at is http://jbotcan.org/jbo/ ;;; You
don't need to speak any Lojban to look at the pictures; which will
give you a basic idea of what's going on!;;; It's a no-registration
anonymous image board; using softward called Wakaba;;; The anonymity
in particular was helpful I think to Lojbanistan; where people are
sometimes afraid to speak at first;;; lll;; It's somewhat
educational; but I feel like it's most important how it's entertaining
and liberating;;; lll'lll;;;

<3,
mungojelly -l