isn't it -k time?

1 view

Alex Fink

Mar 6, 2009, 11:13:31 PM3/6/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
it did feel like there was something missing; ll;;

Alex-l

Brett Williams

Mar 7, 2009, 6:08:44 AM3/7/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Alex Fink <000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it did feel like there was something missing; ll;;

Oh yeah sure;; lll;;; I figured it wasn't important to be punctual on
our made-up schedule; since Eeveelyn was still on vacation and
constitutes a third of our crew; so far;; ll'l :);;;

But you don't have to wait for my go-ahead; either;;; ll I've been
meaning to write & explain my idea about qww'xzx forums and internet
ruins; so I'll finally get to that; next;;; llll;;;;

<3,
mungojelly-k

Alex Fink

Mar 9, 2009, 3:33:36 AM3/9/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/7 Brett Williams <mungo...@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Alex Fink <000...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> it did feel like there was something missing; ll;;
>

> Oh yeah sure;; lll;;; I figured it wasn't important to be punctual on
> our made-up schedule; since Eeveelyn was still on vacation and
> constitutes a third of our crew; so far;; ll'l :);;;

True enough; ll;;;

lll'll; anyway; I don't want to make the proposal for -k all at once;
lll;; but the standing idea seems to be that it will have something to
do with emotion-marking; and probably include something to let us
render the senses of ? and !;;; As some fodder for this; what kinds
of senses we might include; I was looking for a short list of basic
emoticons (shorter than the Lojban attitudinal list);; here's a
transcription of the default set from my Adium and their names;; ;;
(A) Angel
:-@ Angry
8o| Baring teeth
:-S Confused
:'( Crying
:| Disappointed
:-# Don't tell anyone
:-$ Embarrassed
:-) Happy
<3 Heart
:\ I don't know
:-* Kiss
:-x Lips are sealed
8-| Nerd
:-D Open mouthed
<:o) Party
:-( Sad
^o) Sarcastic
+o( Sick
|-) Sleepy
(*) Star
:-O Surprised
*-) Thinking
:-P Tongue out
8-) Wearing sunglasses
;-) Wink

Alex-l

Eeveelyn

Mar 9, 2009, 4:51:31 PM3/9/09
to qww'xzx
lll'll I'm back from vacation, but I'm kind of sad to see no -k group
ll;; I understand we are small; so we aren't necessarily keeping to
the "schedule";;;;

Alex, are you proposing to make the various emoticons as -k words
klk;; For example happy is "kk", sad is "lk", winking is "kl'lk",
question mark is klk;; or something like that klk;;

Eeveelyn -k

Alex Fink

Mar 10, 2009, 1:29:23 AM3/10/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/9 Eeveelyn <ktba...@gmail.com>:

> Alex, are you proposing to make the various emoticons as -k words
> klk;; For example happy is "kk", sad is "lk", winking is "kl'lk",
> question mark is klk;; or something like that klk;;

ll; yes;; in a very provisional; "run-it-up-the-flagpole" sense;; ; ;

Alex-l

Brett Williams

Mar 24, 2009, 11:42:40 AM3/24/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Eeveelyn <ktba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> lll'll I'm back from vacation, but I'm kind of sad to see no -k group
> ll;; I understand we are small; so we aren't necessarily keeping to
> the "schedule";;;;

ll; there's a K-group now but Alex isn't on it yet ;);;; The language
creation conference was this weekend; I believe;; ; so maybe Alex has
time to join us now?;; Some other folks, like David Peterson, also
told me that they'd be more likely to be able to work on this project
after the conference;; ;; so I've kind of been holding off doing too
much with qww'xzx until now; since our schedule mattered a lot less
than the conference's schedule :);;;

http://groups.google.com/group/qwwxzx-k

> Alex, are you proposing to make the various emoticons as -k words
> klk;; For example happy is "kk", sad is "lk", winking is "kl'lk",
> question mark is klk;; or something like that klk;;

I like those!!;;; I think those are fine seeds to start with for
those words; anyway; and then as we use them we can see about giving
them their own distinct character (how kk is different than :) and lk
is different than :( etc);;;

lll;; I'd like to start using the words you thought of; Eeveelyn; and
see how it goes;;; I think maybe on this group I'm talking to you on
now we should stick with just L-words; though??;;; Here is like for
general discussion of the whole language; so I think it would be best
if everyone could read it;; ll'lll; we can use L-words here; because
it's easy enough to read qww'xzx-l even if you don't know it yet;; ;;
that was part of the plan;; ;; but hopefully with K and J we'll start
to become incomprehensible to normal reality :);;; lll'lll;;;;

<3,
mungojelly-k

Alex Fink

Mar 27, 2009, 2:42:47 AM3/27/09
to qww...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/24 Brett Williams <mungo...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Eeveelyn <ktba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> lll'll I'm back from vacation, but I'm kind of sad to see no -k group
>> ll;; I understand we are small; so we aren't necessarily keeping to
>> the "schedule";;;;
>
> ll; there's a K-group now but Alex isn't on it yet ;);;; The language
> creation conference was this weekend; I believe;; ;

You believe rightly; ll;; and it was a blast kk;;;

lll'll; I got an invitation to the -l group; when it was created; but
never an automatic one to the -k group;; and so I didn't think to go
looking for myself;;; Good to see it; lll;;;

> so maybe Alex has
> time to join us now?;;  Some other folks, like David Peterson, also
> told me that they'd be more likely to be able to work on this project
> after the conference;; ;; so I've kind of been holding off doing too
> much with qww'xzx until now; since our schedule mattered a lot less
> than the conference's schedule :);;;

Ooh; David had a mind to contribute klk;; That would be quite cool lkl;;;

>> Alex, are you proposing to make the various emoticons as -k words
>> klk;; For example happy is "kk", sad is "lk", winking is "kl'lk",
>> question mark is klk;; or something like that klk;;
>
> I like those!!;;;  I think those are fine seeds to start with for
> those words; anyway; and then as we use them we can see about giving
> them their own distinct character (how kk is different than :) and lk
> is different than :( etc);;;

I like them too;;; I wonder if it's the complete inventory of -k
words; though;; lll; probably not;; I envisioned there being more; and
Eeveelyn was just offering examples;;; (And I've sneaked one more in
here kl'lk;;)

> lll;;  I'd like to start using the words you thought of; Eeveelyn; and
> see how it goes;;;  I think maybe on this group I'm talking to you on
> now we should stick with just L-words; though??;;;  Here is like for
> general discussion of the whole language; so I think it would be best
> if everyone could read it;;

ll'll; sure; in general;; But as for this thread; I figure internet
wayfarers will be able to read them; given Eeveelyn's explication
that's quoted here; so I've been freer in trying them out; just now;;;

Alex-k