QuTiP 4.7.1

Simon Cross

Dec 12, 2022, 5:30:04 PM12/12/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

Welcome to QuTiP 4.7.1!

This is a bugfix release for QuTiP 4.7.X.

We were planning to release 4.7.1 soon, but the process was hurried
along when version 22 of the packaging module broke the version sanity
check in our setup.py file. Thank you to Henrique Silvério from Pasqal
for bringing this to our attention swiftly so that we could fix it.

The release adds builds for Python 3.11 and as a bonus improves qutip
import times by explicitly setting logger names (thank you Pieter
Eendeback for spotting this).

The many other small improvements, bug fixes, documentation
enhancements, and behind the scenes development changes are listed in
the full release notes linked below, along with the names of those who
contributed them. Thank you everyone who reported or fixed issues.

A reminder that QuTiP 4.7.X is the last series of releases for QuTiP
4. Patch releases will continue for the 4.7.X series but the main
development effort has moved to QuTiP 5.

Full release notes: https://github.com/qutip/qutip/releases/tag/v4.7.1
PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/qutip/4.7.1/
Conda-forge: https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/qutip

Note: The conda-forge releases should take place early tomorrow (i.e.
13 December).

Please give it a whirl and report any issues encountered at
https://github.com/qutip/qutip/issues

Yours sincerely,
Simon Cross

Boxi Li

Dec 12, 2022, 5:55:05 PM12/12/22
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Thank you Simon for the hard work on preparing the release!

Simon Cross

Dec 13, 2022, 3:50:39 AM12/13/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
The conda-forge packages are built.

> Thank you Simon for the hard work on preparing the release!

Thanks, Boxi.