few questions on pulses options for optimize_pulse function

Leeseok Kim

Nov 11, 2021, 10:24:08 PM11/11/21
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi! I have a few questions regarding the optimize_pulse function:

1) How can I make specific initial pulse amplitude sequence, rather than choosing pulse type?

2) How can I set the bound that the pulse amplitudes should always be bounded by (-1.0, 1.0) until the optimization is done?

Thank you in advance!

Simon Cross

Nov 15, 2021, 8:31:29 AM11/15/21
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leeseok,

You can find the documentation for optimize_pulse at
https://qutip.org/docs/latest/apidoc/functions.html#qutip.control.pulseoptim.optimize_pulse.

For 1), try the init_pulse_type and init_pulse_params parameters.

For 2), try the amp_lbound and amp_ubound parameters.

Yours sincerely,
Simon Cross