updated version not found

ANUSHREE DEY

Dec 14, 2022, 7:18:03 AM12/14/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have updated the qutip to its latest version(4.7.1) . I also updated python, scipy and numpy to its latest version. But, in the jupyter notebook when I am trying to know about the version, it is showing the old version information , not the updated one. Please help. I have also attached some pictures to justify my statement.
Thank you
Anushree
python_vesion.jpg
qutip_version.jpg
vesion_information.jpg

Simon Cross

Dec 14, 2022, 8:18:04 AM12/14/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anushree,

Looking at your terminal and notebook output, I think the most likely
cause is that your notebook is running in a different virtualenv or
conda environment to the one where you installed QuTiP 4.7.1. Could
you double-check and let me know how it turns out?

Regards,
Simon

ANUSHREE DEY

Dec 27, 2022, 3:35:31 AM12/27/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,
     Sorry for the late response. I tried a few ways to sort out the problem (to see the updated version information in jupyter notebook). I updated qutip in jupyter notebook itself and tried to see the version information in two different ways. One is showing the right (updated) version information but "qutip.about()" is still showing the older version. I am attaching a picture in reference to my statement.
best regards
Anushree

version_qutip.jpg

Simon Cross

Dec 27, 2022, 5:01:41 AM12/27/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anushree,

Sorry you haven't managed to fix the issue yet. I'm not sure what to
advise next. This still seems to be an issue with how things are
installed rather than with QuTiP.

Regards,
Simon