mesolve with non-Lindblad superoperators

Cedric Chia

May 16, 2022, 3:43:59 AM5/16/22
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
The master equation I derived include both dissipation terms in Lindblad form and in non-Lindblad form.

From reading the user guide on "mesolve", it says that it is capable to take:
" If an element in the list-specification of the Hamiltonian or the list of collapse operators are in superoperator form it will be added to the total Liouvillian of the problem without further transformation. This allows for using mesolve for solving master equations that are not in standard Lindblad form."

Where can I find such example on how to include non-Lindblad dissipation term in QuTiP?

Thank you

Simon Cross

May 17, 2022, 8:44:16 AM5/17/22
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cedric,

You can just construct the Liouvillian you want directly and then pass the Liouvillian L to mesolve instead of H. The same applies to the collapse operators.

I'm not aware of any example notebooks off-hand. This might be a good addition to the list of QuTiP tutorials if you are up for adding one.

Regards,
Simon

Regards,
Simon