Quantum process or state tomography of three-qubit gate which generate the GHZ-stae

hamids...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2021, 5:59:40 AM11/9/21
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hello,

 I have a question about  Quantum process tomography of three-qubit gate which generates the GHZ-state and its estimated fidelity. My question is "How can i measure the three-qubit entanglement gate via quantum process tomography and its fidelity".

sincerely,

H Sakhouf

Simon Cross

Nov 9, 2021, 7:41:13 AM11/9/21
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sakhouf,

QuTiP has a guide for this:
https://qutip.org/docs/latest/guide/guide-visualization.html#quantum-process-tomography.
I would recommend starting there.

For your particular case, one could write something like:

""" GHZ tomography """

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

from qutip import tensor
from qutip import spre, spost, qeye, sigmax, sigmay, sigmaz
from qutip.qip.operations import hadamard_transform, cnot
from qutip.tomography import qpt, qpt_plot_combined

op_basis = [[qeye(2), sigmax(), sigmay(), sigmaz()]] * 3
op_labels = [["i", "x", "y", "z"]] * 3

# plot chi for identity operation for fun and education:

U = qeye([2] * 3)
U_rho = spre(U) * spost(U.dag())

chi = qpt(U_rho, op_basis)
fig, ax = qpt_plot_combined(chi, op_labels)
ax.set_title("chi: Identity")
plt.show()

# plot chi for GHZ circuit [H(0), CNOT(0, 1), CNOT(1, 2)]:

H0 = tensor(hadamard_transform(), qeye(2), qeye(2))
CNOT01 = tensor(cnot(), qeye(2))
CNOT02 = tensor(qeye(2), cnot())

U = CNOT02 * CNOT01 * H0
U_rho = spre(U) * spost(U.dag())

chi = qpt(U_rho, op_basis)
fig, ax = qpt_plot_combined(chi, op_labels)
ax.set_title("chi: GHZ circuit")
plt.show()

# EOF

There are certainly nicer ways to construct the GHZ circuit in QuTiP
using https://qutip.org/docs/latest/guide/qip/qip-basics.html#quantum-circuit,
but I thought it would be instructive to use low-level gate
construction here.

Regards,
Simon

Hamid Sakhouf

Nov 9, 2021, 8:19:53 AM11/9/21
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

I would like to thank you for your reply, for my case, i want to measure the quantum process and state tomography also its estimated fidelity based on the quantum gate which directly generates the GHZ-state.

Thank you
Regards,
Sakhouf

Mailtrack Sender notified by