QuTiP 5 release tomorrow

Simon Cross

Mar 27, 2024, 11:09:51 AMMar 27
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hello QuTiPers,

On behalf of the QuTiP admin team I'm excited to announce that we will release QuTiP 5 this Thursday at approximately 00:00 GMT.

When we do this ``pip install qutip`` will install QuTiP 5.

While QuTiP 5 is in many ways similar to QuTiP 4.7, the new major release is a breaking change with many new features, improvements and small incompatibilities.

If you need to temporarily remain on QuTiP 4, use ``pip install qutip~=4.7``.

If you provide a library that depends on QuTiP, it is possible to support both QuTiP 4 and 5, and indeed we have done this for our own qutip-qip library. If you run into difficulties, please reach out via email or the GitHub issue tracker.

We'll send out a release announcement here after the release goes out.

Thank you for using QuTiP and see you in QuTiP 5.

Regards,
Simon Cross
(on behalf of the QuTiP admin team)